Northside Christian Academy welcomes international students from around the world. Currently, we have students from China, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, and the Congo. Northside Christian Academy was founded in 1961 and continues as one of the oldest and most respected private Christian schools in America. Northside Christian Academy is characterized by high academic standards, a mature student culture, opportunities for leadership, a beautiful 155-acre college-style campus, consistently positive parent and student feedback, and state of the art facilities. Northside Christian Academy offers a traditional college preparatory curriculum and comprehensive co-curricular programs. Northside Christian Academy is uniquely located in Charlotte, North Carolina and is conveniently accessible to a wide range of cultural experiences.
Northside Christian Academy looks for students who are:
- Representative of a variety of countries
- Academically motivated and successful
- Emotionally and socially mature
- Willing to get involved in clubs and activities
- Respectful of world cultures and values
Instead of an impersonal dorm setting, we believe international students living with American families constantly provides a much better learning environment and provides more focused social and emotional support. Host families are chosen after background checks, reference checks, and personal interviews. Orientation and ongoing support is provided to host families as well.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Northside Christian Academy offers 4 AP (advanced placement) courses
- 90% of Northside Christian Academy graduates are accepted into the university of their choice
- Northside Christian Academy international students enjoy full submersion in American culture and language by living full-time with a host family
Northside Christian Academy prefers a SLEP or TOEFL score for all international student applicants. Northside Christian Academy prefers a minimum TOEFL score of 480-500 on the paper-based TOEFL, 55 -61 o n the internet-based TOEFL or 50 on the SLEP. Students who score lower than this requirement on these tests or do not have access to testing will be required to take a Northside Christian Academy English assessment as part of the application process. Northside Christian Academy may also require school testing of any students to better learn their academic aptitude.